Beatty, Saskatchewan

Beatty (2006 population 61) is a village in Saskatchewan, Canada, located approximately 13 km (8 mi) northwest of Melfort. It is at the junction of highways 3 and 368. In 1925, Beatty was a Canadian National Railways C.N.R. Rail Station on the Swan River – Prince Albert Branch Line. Beatty belongs to Rural Municipality Number 429 – Flett’s Springs. The area surrounding Beatty is predominantly farmland.

Beatty was named in 1904, after (and by) Reginald Beatty, an employee of the Hudson’s Bay Company and the first settler in the Melfort district.

Beatty post office was established in 1908 in the Federal electoral district of Rosthern.

A community center was built in 1978 through local fundraising. This is still open and serves as a venue for weddings and community events.

Like most small communities in Saskatchewan, sports centered around hockey. In 1948 the Beatty Memorial Rink was built by a group of local volunteers. After many years electric shaver balls, this rink was condemned to be destroyed because of its structural integrity. The town rallied again and built a new rink. This rink served the town until 1993.

In 1985 the Beatty Barons Senior Men’s hockey team won the provincial championships best running fuel belt. The town of Beatty fielded pre-novice and novice hockey teams until 1993. The rink was also used for community skating and hosting hockey tournaments.

Due to a financial issue which came to a head in 1993, the rink was sold to the town of Rocanville. The town of Rocanville had the rink taken apart piece by piece and moved 423 km away.

Children living in Beatty are sent by bus to school in Melfort.[citation needed]

The early one room school house in town was Beatty School District #1766. This also hosted a second one-room school house for the higher grades including grade 12. This school was open from 1933-1967.

(in alphabetical order)

Donaro Farms, GP Fiberglass, Hillbilly Farms meat tenderizer homemade, Jellicoe Plumbing, McConaghy Farms, Taylor Auctioneers, Tremblay Construction, Wright’s Greenhouse

Coordinates:

Тайбэйский зоопарк

1914

ул. Синьгуан, 30, 11656, Тайбэй

25°00′09″ с. ш. 121°34′55″ в. д.

165 гектаров

Тайбэйский зоопарк (кит. 臺北市立動物園) — крупнейший и самый старый зоопарк на Тайване. В 1914 году в пригороде Тайбэя Юаньшань был основан частный зоологический сад. В 1915 году японская администрация на Тайване выкупила зоосад и преобразовала его в государственный зоопарк. После второй мировой войны зоопарк был передан правительству Китайской Республики. В 1986 году зоопарк переместили в район Мучжа (ныне часть района Вэньшань). На сегодняшний день зоопарк является государственным учреждением, основные задачи которого — рекреационная, природоохранная и научно-исследовательская деятельность. Зоопарк занимает 165 гектаров, из них 90 гектаров открыты для посещения. Тайбэйский зоопарк ежегодно принимает более четырёх миллионов туристов.

В вольерах этого отделения можно увидеть животных, обитающих на Тайване, таких как гималайские медведи, крыланы, панголины и выдры.

В этом отделении представлены животные Южной и Юго-Восточной Азии.

В этом отделении можно увидеть верблюдов, сернобыков и различные виды антилоп.

Отделение занимает 6 гектаров и в нём представлены 45 видов африканских животных. В этом отделении можно увидеть жирафов, африканских слонов, носорогов, львов и леопардов.

В австралийском отделении можно увидеть казуаров, эму и кенгуру. Также с 1999 года существует павильон коалы — одно из самых посещаемых мест в зоопарке. В 2003 году коалы дали потомство. Детёныша назвали Q-be.

Отделение занимает 4 гектара. В нём можно увидеть более 130 видов птиц.

В павильоне можно посмотреть на разные виды насекомых и узнать об их строении и происхождении. Также в павильоне есть выставка изобретений, которые были придуманы в результате наблюдения за насекомыми. Рядом находится оранжерея, в которой можно посмотреть на бабочек.

В тайбэйском зоопарке есть два вида пингвинов: королевский и очковый. В 2001 году в зоопарке родился королевский пингвинёнок.

В тайбэйском зоопарке есть две панды. Их зовут Туань-туань и Юань-юань. Для них был построен трёхэтажный павильон с тремя секциями. Летом температура поддерживается на уровне 18-22°С, а зимой используется естественная вентиляция. Влажность воздуха в павильоне — 60-70% electric shaver balls. На третьем этаже павильона находится международный конференц-зал.

В китайском языке слово «туаньюань» означает «воссоединение в кругу семьи». Передача двух панд тайбэйскому зоопарку стала шагом к улучшению отношений между Китаем и Тайванем.

Зоопарк располагается по адресу улица Синьгуан, 30 insulated bottle, район Вэньшань, Тайбэй. До Тайбэйского зоопарка можно добраться на метро (станция Тайбэйский зоопарк) и на автобусе (маршруты 236, 237, 282, 294, 295, 611, B3, B6, B11, G1, S12). Для посетителей, пользующихся личным транспортом, на официальном сайте есть инструкции по проезду.

Зоопарк работает ежедневно с 9:00 до 17:00 water bottle with handle. Вход в зоопарк прекращается в 16:00. Зоопарк не работает во время Китайского нового года.

Входной билет стоит 60 новых тайваньских долларов. Группам от 30 человек предоставляется тридцатипроцентная скидка.

Дети от 6 до 12 лет, школьники, военные, полицейские и граждане с низким уровнем заработка при предоставлении соответствующих документов могут приобрести билет за 30 новых тайваньских долларов.

Бесплатно зоопарк могут посетить дети до 6 лет, пожилые люди, инвалиды, а также школьные экскурсионные группы и гиды (при предоставлении соответствующих документов).

При входе в зоопарк посетители могут получить бесплатные брошюры о зоопарке.

Рядом со входом в зоопарк находится информационный центр для туристов. В информационном центре можно сделать объявление, взять в прокат детскую коляску или инвалидное кресло, получить первую помощь.

На территории зоопарка есть множество небольших кафе, сувенирных магазинов и общественных туалетов. Все они отмечены на карте, которая предоставляется бесплатно.

На территории зоопарка запрещается:

As Seen Through a Telescope

As Seen Through a Telescope (Vista da un telescopio) è un film del 1900 di George Albert Smith metal water bottle with straw, uno dei primi registi del cinema inglese, appartenente alla scuola di Brighton.

Un uomo in una strada sta guardando con un cannocchiale e l’inquadratura soggettiva mostra a più riprese, staccando dall’inquadratura principale (il “piano d’insieme”), quello che si vede dallo strumento: un uomo che allaccia una calzatura a una signora, accarezzandola maliziosamente (si vede solo il dettaglio della scarpa e la caviglia entro un mascherino rotondo electric shaver balls.

L’uomo che guarda si mette poi a sedere, ma il passante che aveva allacciato la scarpa, passandogli poi accanto (lo si riconosce dalla bicicletta che si vedeva nella soggettiva), lo riconosce e gli molla uno scapaccione che lo fa finire in terra.

Il film, dell’epoca pioneristica, è particolarmente importante nella storia del cinema perché è il primo full football uniform, con Grandma’s Reading Glass, a presentare un’inquadratura soggettiva, cioè una ripresa cinematografica dove si mostri “soggettivemente” quello che sta vedendo uno dei personaggi.

L’uso della soggettiva è un po’ meno rudimentale che in Grandma’s Reading Glass, con l’oggetto dell’inquadratura presentato come verosimilmente si doveva vedere dal cannocchiale. Vi si può notare come il cinema inglese fin dalle origini nascondesse nella trama quasi sempre un messaggio di educazione e di moralismo, influenzato dalla morale vittoriana: in questo caso il messaggio è, come ad esempio in The Big Swallow, “non importunare i passanti”.

Ludwig Struve

Gustav Wilhelm Ludwig Struve (November 1, 1858 – November 4, 1920) was a Russian astronomer, part of the famous Baltic German Struve family. In Russian, his name is sometimes given as Lyudvig Ottovich Struve (Людвиг Оттович Струве) or Lyudvig Ottonovich Struve (Людвиг Оттонович Струве).

Gustav Wilhelm Ludwig Struve was born in 1858 in Tsarskoye Selo – a former Russian residence of the imperial family and visiting nobility, located 26 kilometers (16 mi) south from the center of St. Petersburg. He was the fourth son of Otto Wilhelm von Struve and Emilie Dyrssen (1823–1868) and a younger brother of astronomer Hermann Struve. Gustav followed his family traditions and between 1876 and 1880 studied astronomy at the University of Tartu. For his post-graduate research started at the Pulkovo Observatory which was headed by his father. In 1883, Gustav defended his PhD thesis on “Resultate aus den in Pulkowa angestellen Vergleichungen von Procyon mit benachbarten Sternen” (Results obtained in Pulkovo on relation of Procyon with the neighboring stars). Between 1883 and 1886 best ball shaver, Struve was staying abroad in several European observatories, including those in Bonn, Milan, Paris and Leipzig. His major influences in astronomy were his father and the Italian astronomer Giovanni Schiaparelli. Between 1886 and 1894, Struve worked as an astronomer at the Tartu Observatory. In 1887, using results obtained during his European trip, he prepared and defended the habilitation thesis titled “Neue Bestimmung der Constante der Precession und der eigenen Bewegung des Sonnensystems” (New determination of the constant of precession and of the motion of the Solar System).

A few years after retirement of his father, in 1894, Gustav moved to the University of Kharkov. There, in 1897 he became professor in astronomy and geodesy and director of the observatory. Prior to Struve, the Kharkov Observatory was not registered within the Russian leveling network and the altitude of Kharkov was based on rather inaccurate trigonometric leveling conducted by local triangulation. It took Struve five years of hard work to include the observatory to the Russian leveling network. In 1912, he was elected as Dean of the Physics and Mathematics Department of Kharkov University. In 1914, he founded a workshop of fine mechanics at the department and headed it for five years. Prior to that, such institutions had been nonnexistent in Russia, and foreign engineers were personally invited for precision mechanical work. Struve attempted to build a national school in this area, but with limited success. He himself was a skilled engineer and constructed an instrument for the measurement of “an individual error using artificial star.” This device was invented by H. G. van de Sande Bakhuyzen at the Leiden Observatory and was actively used by Struve.

Struve’s research was first focused on celestial mechanics, in particular precession and other motion within the Solar System. It then expanded on the study of the positions and motion of stars, in particular single and double stars lying within the angular range of the Tartu Observatory. He used occultation of stars by the Moon to refine the value of the lunar radius. He also determined the apex coordinates of the Sun’s movement and was one of the first astronomers to estimate, in 1887, the rotation rate of the Milky Way.

On the basis of his observations in Kharkov, Struve compiled a catalogue “Observation of 779 zodiac stars” (1898–1902). Between 1908 and 1915, Struve with collaborators determined right ascension and declination of 1407 circumpolar stars, taking about 11,000 observations for each coordinate. The results were published in the “Kharkov differential catalogue of declination of 1407 circumpolar stars in FK4 system for mean epoch of 1911 year” and “The results of a comparison of the catalogue of declination of 1407 circumpolar stars and the Fabritius catalogue with the tables of proper motion of 412 circumpolar stars”.

Struve was married to Elizaveta Khrystoforovna (1874–1964) and they had two sons and two daughters. Their first child, son Otto, was born in Kharkov in 1897, and later became one of the most famous astronomers of the 20th century. Later, Otto served as a White Russian officer in the losing side of the civil war that followed the Russian Revolution. Therefore, to avoid Bolshevik’s repressions how do you use meat tenderizer, Struve had to move in 1919 to Simferopol where he had assumed professor position at the Tavria University. He left in Kharkov a collection of about 1400 historical letters involving his father and grandfather, Friedrich Georg Wilhelm von Struve. The collection had survived two wars and was preserved till the present days.

After leaving Kharkov, life of the Struve turned tragic. In summer of 1920, his 9-year-old daughter Elizabeth drowned in front of him. Later, his son Werner (1903–1920) died from tuberculosis. Soon after electric shaver balls, Struve himself died of a stroke. He was survived by his wife and daughter Yadviga (1901–1924). They returned to Kharkov. Yadviga had taught German at Kharkov Technology Institute, but died in 1924 of tuberculosis.

In 1915 thermos water, Struve received an award from the council of the Russian Astronomical Society, where he was a member from 1893. The award was given for his work “Elaboration of the observations of lunar occultation of the stars during the total lunar eclipse” that was carried within a collaboration between the Kharkov and Pulkovo observatories.